Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 21:58:26 +0200

Kevin Buchs wrote:

> As I understand it, Mario, you need
> a Master's level project [...] Your advisor
> should be the be to judge what the
> appropriate level of work would be.

There is no "appropriate level" for a Master
project - the sky is the limit!

Actually, the OP said he was on the Bachelor
level. However there isn't really a level for
that either. The perceived difficulty is
fictitious - after doing programming all day
every day for several years involving tons of
courses with a huge variety involving all but
all software areas, *anything* is possible!

The only "level" which might come to play is
the scope - i.e., not how difficult someone
else would say something is, but how much code
is to be produced and how many problems are to
be solved - that is, a mere
quantitative level.

As for the scope it took me 1.5 years doing my
Master including the summer and winter
"brakes". And it wasn't because of laziness,
let me tell you! This was supposed to be done
in a singe semester. I did the same thing as
five other people did at two
North American universities.

So in a way, even the scope is of no matter :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573