Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 06:10:34 +0200

On 2017-07-21, at 22:01, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
>> Just my 2 cents: not necessarily, see all the
>> discussion on emacs-devel about bug#21072.
>
> 50 cent: Don't do it.
>
> Half the time will be wasted with unpleasant
> arguing with other people with huge egos, the
> other half will be wasted trying to understand
> what has been done before you even entered
> the project.

What I meant was an example when "fixing a bug" involved a few
discussions and finally resulted in adding new functonality.  Still,
this particular example is way too small for a thesis IMHO, but you get
the idea.

And I didn't really notice people with huge egos over there.  The thread
is probably rather boring for non-involved people, though.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski