Re: Is it only me or is your ding also silent?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is it only me or is your ding also silent?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:11:42 +0200

>> > or something similar. That wouldn't explain
>> > that "beep" actually (uh) beeps (did I say
>> > that it was a long shot?), but
>> > worth trying.
>> Hi Tomás,
>> I'm *so* much impressed - you nailed it!
>> Now my Emacs is wonderfully talkative, erm,
>> beepative;-). Thanks!!!
>> Best,
>
> .-)

All this enthusiasm puzzles me. Why would one
ever want the computer to BEEP?

When I did configuration on system wide-scale,
instead of just brining in all the config files
from remote systems, the first thing I ever did
was to disable every single sound the computer
would ever think of making. The second thing
I did was to disable the cursor blink, which
I consider visual noise, everywhere - quite
a few places, actually, even if you use Emacs
23 if not 24/7. The third thing I did was put
the background image to pamela.bmp ha ha... eheh.

No, sound. Why?

But TEHO etc etc.

--
underground experts united