Re: Can Emacs help here (running on Linux, display on Windows)?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Can Emacs help here (running on Linux, display on Windows)?
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 23:06:17 +0200

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> I had suggested clicking on the title, border, frame, but you might
> also try Alt-TAB switching.  And Shift-Alt-TAB for reversing the
> order.

Clicking on the task bar entry that corresponds to Emacs also works.

But using the mouse for switching focus is inefficient and, most likely,
unergonomic.

There are little programs out there that allow to define global shorcuts
associated to actions. IIRC I have some of my Windows machines
configured with one such tool that allows me to use the same keyboard
shorcuts that I use on my GNU/Linux workstations for switching focus to
Emacs, Firefox, etc.