Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 02:32:08 +0200

Another interesting thing is, if you write
a module, why would you write it so that it is
dependent on Customize?

Or should one consider `customize-option' to be
a part of Emacs rather than Customize per se?

It is in cus-edit.el, and the docstring only
says that

    Customize SYMBOL, which must be
    a user option.

No mention of triggering functions or the
purpose of using it.

It sure sounds like it is something Customize
does, and not something the user does
thru Elisp.

So back to what I would do, if I wanted this
"variable to trigger a function", why not write
it as part of the new module?

On the one hand, don't do the same thing, on
the other, don't interlink big software bodies
for such a small, potentially minimal
intersection...

--
underground experts united