Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs

From: ken
Subject: Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:24:15 -0400

On 08/12/2017 12:11 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
ken wrote:

(set-cursor-color COLOR-NAME)

[...]

If someone preferred to place a statement in
.emacs to accomplish the goal-- rather than
"customizing"-- what should the above
documentation say?

But don't you want the cursor to take on the
color of text?

No, as I said, I want the color of the cursor to be limegreen:

Having a fairly large screen and often many windows open, it's sometimes difficult to find the cursor in an emacs window. So I thought limegreen would be a more discernible color for a cursor than the default black. So I put this in my .emacs:

(set-cursor-color "limegreen")

However, the result is that only the first emacs window loaded has a limegreen cursor. All the others subsequent have the default black cursor. Running the same function in each emacs buffer does correctly yield a limegreen cursor, but not a practical solution when I have twenty or thirty buffers open, each in its own window (or frame).

It's really quite simple... to understand at least. Maybe though the elisp which is needed to put in my .emacs is too complicated to determine?