Re: Why has X11 system clipboard interoperability changed from Emacs 24

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why has X11 system clipboard interoperability changed from Emacs 24 to 25?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:30:10 +0300

> Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 02:42:30 -0400
> From: itchybeard <itchybeard@protonmail.com>
>
> But in Emacs 25 the variable `x-select-enable-clipboard` is replaced by
> `select-enable-clipboard` which when set to `nil` in my config yields
> different
> results: *all* interoperability with the X11 system clipboard is disabled.

AFAIK, that was not supposed to happen.

In any case, this is not the proper place to discuss bugs in Emacs,
please submit a detailed bug report using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET".

> There is an open bug related to this changed clipboard behavior:
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27442

I'm not sure that bug describes the same problem, as it talks about a
specific function that only yanks, whereas your complaint seems to be
much more general.