Odd Italicization

From: Se7en
Subject: Odd Italicization
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 05:31:06 +0000 (UTC)

I use text-mode Emacs (Emacs 24.4.1) in xterm (XTerm312) and
frequently use it to edit Hypertext Markup. When I add the <i> tag, it
makes the text appear indented as it should, but then when I close it
it's a hit or miss to the rest of the document. Also, when changing
indentation (that is, plain-text indentation, not HTML syntax
indentation) it frequently goes in and out of italics if the tag
exists, even if it is closed. This leads to confusion. Is this a known
error, is it at the end of Xterm, or is it the fault of Emacs?

--
|-----/                   | Se7en
     /  The One and Only! | se7en@cock.email