Re: Help with Java Programming in Emacs

From: kermit
Subject: Re: Help with Java Programming in Emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 08:23:53 +0800

Kendall Shaw <kshaw@kendallshaw.com> writes:

> On 09/10/2017 10:12 AM, Jay Kamat wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Can someone share an article or any other resource for making Emacs a
>>> productive environment for Java (mainly for writing Flink jobs)?
>> I tried many options in the past, and I find meghanada mode the easiest
>> to use and the most effective.
>>
>> https://github.com/mopemope/meghanada-emacs
>>
>> Before I tried that, I was just using stock java-mode in emacs.
>
> That looks very interesting.
>
> I'll just add that for a while I was using emacs-eclim which uses eclipse as
> the
> java tool and emacs as the editor. I don't know that state of it now.
>
> I use either Intellij or Eclipse as debugger, and some times for code
> completion. Mainly with gradle as the build tool.
>
> So, I edit in emacs and switch back and forth. I will have to check out the
> gradle support in Meghanada-emacs.
>
> Kendall

"Meghanada" is great,but it seems that it has some extra requirements,
such as "tested only linux (maybe macOS OK). windows not support." and
"require Java 8".

I have tried emacs-eclim, it is too slow to write code. So I still
simply use java-mode. Anyway, I just write some toy project with Java,
so it doesn't matter so much.