Re: On multi-line font lock

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: On multi-line font lock
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 09:14:44 -0400

> I see.  I feel that's not really explained in the docs, but I also
> haven't yet looked at the source.

I don't think code should rely on this anyway.

> I get the idea that I could also use syntax rules to apply the
> font-lock-multiline property, so I'll try that as well.

Yes, it's probably easier.  This said, the jit-lock delay is not
something specific to mailcap syntax: it's just a preference of yours
and it probably applies to all major modes.  So a better fix for this
would be to work on jit-lock to offer an option for
jit-lock-contextually to be instantaneous.

        Stefan