Re: [gnu.emacs.help] Portable way for creating FIFOs

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [gnu.emacs.help] Portable way for creating FIFOs
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 14:13:42 -0600

Petteri Hintsanen wrote:
> Looks like my original message below, posted to gnu.emacs.help, did not
> go through into the mailing list...  Apologies for possible
> double-posting.

Thank you for noting this.  I am one of the mailing list helpers and I
looked into this a little bit.  The message did make it through from
the newsgroup, through the news2mail gateway, into and through the
mailing list.  It appeared in my subscribed mailbox.  Alexis replied
to it.  Here is the reply showing that it wasn't just to me.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2017-09/msg00151.html

But it seems that it failed to make it into the mailing list archive.
Why that failed I do not know.  Subsequent messages did make it into
the archive okay.  The disk is not full.  The archive is downstream of
the mailing list but all internal on the same host system.  The
antispam is upstream and not related.  I grep'd through the various
logs but did not find anything hinting at the failure.

Therefore I can only confirm that there was some error in the
processing of the message.  But I cannot deduce what problem that
might be.

Bob