Re: tramp not working linux, quotation marks

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp not working linux, quotation marks
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:17:39 +0200

Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Neal,

> For some time now, tramp is not working reliably on linux (fedora 26).
> Frequently (not always) when using dired through tramp, file names are
> erroneously displayed surrounded by quotation marks.  Then operations on
> those files fail.

Which Emacs/Tramp version are you using?

Please set tramp-verbose to 10, and rerun your test, starting with
"emacs -Q". Show the resulting Tramp debug buffer. Describe also the
steps you have applied in order to run into the error (most important,
which file names show the problem).

I believe it is better to follow this issue either as Emacs bug, or on
the Tramp mailing list. If possible, pls swith.

Best regards, Michael.