Re: Unwanted cursor and menu offset/warpage

From: ken
Subject: Re: Unwanted cursor and menu offset/warpage
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 18:01:24 -0400

On 09/23/2017 02:30 PM, Skip Montanaro wrote:
If that's the case you'll have the same problem getting Emacs for MS
Windows installed.  Then you'll have the same problem installing each of
the support programs (e.g. diff, grep, etc).
Correct. Emacs for Windows is available, and Tramp works. Unfortunately
diff (at least) isn't available, so things like ediff don't work.

I'm just going to live with it for now. If I position Emacs to the left
half of my overall display surface, the menus popup where they should.

Skip

Not that long ago I got around such limitations by installing all verboten software on a personal USB stick that I took home with me at night. I know, but sometimes you have use ridiculousness in your favor to get their work done.