Re: Modify text appearance (put spaces after commas just for display)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Modify text appearance (put spaces after commas just for display)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 18:54:45 +0200

Kendall Shaw wrote:

>>> I think the OP didn't want to change the
>>> text itself, but just its
>>> display/appearance. So it will look one way
>>> and be another? Why would you do that?
>>

> Behold source for a J interpreter:
>
> http://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/Essays/Incunabulum
>
> Sorry for straying from the topic.

OK, good point, but if one doesn't believe in
the technology to begin with, using technology
one believes in to adapt and cope - I've tried
this several times, and *always* failed with
lots of frustration to it. A long time ago, of
course...

It took tons of time, and the result was never
even close to what one could have expected from
the "real/better deal".

Worst part was that all the adapting work felt
completely hopeless because one knew every
single second it was just a totally wasted
effort. So even tho it was programming,
I couldn't enjoy it one bit!

But hey, if you feel like it could work for
you, then don't do it :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573