Re: CVE-2017-14482 - Red Hat Customer Portal

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: CVE-2017-14482 - Red Hat Customer Portal
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 01:24:36 +0200

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> AFAIU, those are different things. To begin
> with, development is not the same as
> programming. Development means defining the
> product from first concept to deployment
> (even support). Apart from that, the client
> is the center of the development process.
> At the poject advances, you improve your
> understanding and he makes up his mind,
> chooses among options, understands the
> trade-offs, etc. For several reasons, this
> process makes for very satisfied clients.

Now this was a terminology issue only. As far
as the method is concerned, I fully embrace it,
and it is same way I do it - save for, I am the
server as well as the client :)

Regarding my proposals, I just made that up on
the fly and I haven't read one word about it,
and I was surprised there was already a theory
to it. If there is and those terms are not in
agreement with what you mean, then I take it
back :) (But the terms still make sense :))

"Interactive programming" tho I always
associated with the Lisp "eval and go", and
eval the smallest part if you will and have the
biggest part affected by this the moment it
(the smallest part) is evaluated. (Probably
some other languages can do this as well
- Erlang?)

Programming is perhaps not exactly the same as
development but this property (eval and go) is
a huge asset for overall development as it is
so easy and fast and pleasant to try out new
things and not have to compile, build, and "get
there" each time to see the effects first hand.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573