Re: color-theme in emacs 24

From: MelloBob
Subject: Re: color-theme in emacs 24
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 10:38:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 7:11:57 PM UTC-7, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> On 10/10/17 21:06, MelloBob wrote:
> > Is there a way to save the current color-theme (accessed via M-x
> > load-theme), not the older color-theme stuff. The only way I've found is to
> > manually edit my .emacs file and add the line:
> >
> >   (load-theme 'theme-name t)
> >
> > Works fine ... until you really can't recall which theme you selected :)
>
> Try M-x customize-color-theme. Maybe you will find it listed there.
>

> --
> Do not eat animals; respect them as you respect people.
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan

The older I get the more confused I get (not only about emacs :) ).

But I'm just trying to set this in my .emacs file without having to manually
edit that file. I've gone back to using color-theme and have "discovered" that
the names to use in the final line of:

(require 'color-theme)
    (color-theme-initialize)
    (color-theme-feni)

can be derived from M-x color-theme- <tab>. Trying to do this from
color-theme-select gives the "English" names of the themes ... but they can't
be used in the above .emacs commands.