Re: Using :align-to with non-spaces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Using :align-to with non-spaces
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:10:31 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:47:52 -0400
>
> One thing I'd like to see is a way to perform "right-alignment"
> for things like tabulated-list-mode.

You might be able to have it by starting the header string with a
u+200F RIGHT-TO-LEFT MARK (except that tabulated-list-mode might
outsmart you, I didn't try).

In any case, we already do something very similar for R2L paragraphs,
so implementing this should be very easy; I think the greatest
challenge is to come up with a natural way of telling the display
engine to do that.  Patches are welcome.