Gnus: Thread notes?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Gnus: Thread notes?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:44:16 +0200

Hi,

do you know the problem that after some time, you have forgotten which
messages of a thread were important, and what you wanted to do after
some consent has been made?

I would like a simple feature in Gnus that could be described as "Thread
notes": when I click on a message, a file (maybe org) opens, maybe with
a link back to that message (the file itself would be attached to the
thread) where you could store some notes about the thread.  When you
later need to reconsider that thread, that file would serve as a summary
of the aspects that were important to you, with links to the messages
and text passages, so you spare the time to re-read the whole thread and
find the passages yourself.

Is something like that already possible, with means of Gnus or Org, that
is similarly convenient?  I'm not a heavy org-mode user, so I would
prefer a solution that is build up on Gnus instead of Org.

Or do people have other interesting workflows that are worth sharing
helping with that kind of problem?

Regards,

Michael.