Re: Failure to compile

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Failure to compile
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:10:51 +0000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com> wrote:

> On 2017-10-12 14:10 +00, Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to install all libs in my $HOME as a non-root user on my
> > machine..
>
> Off-topic: you might want to give Guix (the package manager, not GuixSD
> the OS) a go.  It can work as an auxiliary package manager and you can
> download it in its binary form and just run:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/download/.  No root privileges needed.

I have read about it, but I don't have guile on my system. Last time I
tried, I wasn't able to install guile because I couldn't install certain
dependencies locally.

  checking for libltdl... no
  configure: error: GNU libltdl (Libtool) not found

Ironically, this page[1] suggests installing Guile using Guix (chicken/egg).

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/download/
--

Kaushal Modi