Re: killing the result of isearch

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: killing the result of isearch
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 14:29:30 +0900

> On Nov 8, 2017, at 13:27, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> You might give Isearch+ a try and report back with your experiences with it.

Not before I've convinced myself that it's the only solution left :)

> I think here there is a misunderstanding.  "C-s party M-% RET" will
> search for "party" and then delete it.

Ok, you mean: "C-s party M-% RET ." (the period is omitted here but you put it
later in your reply and I could not get the right result without it.

That works, but that's still a lot more keys than something like:

C-s party (some key to indicate that the target is the matching string) delete

Which is also a lot more keys than:

C-something party delete (where "something" would call a "catch a match" thingy)

> Hope this helps! :-)

It did, but I'm not yet where I want to be :-)

But I'm slowly getting there. It looks like this "catch a match" properly
implemented as not conflicting with the current behavior would be a nice
addition to (at least my) emacs.

Jean-Christophe Helary
@brandelune http://mac4translators.blogspot.com