Re: Can list-packages be set up to show latest github emacs packages?

From: Deric Bytes
Subject: Re: Can list-packages be set up to show latest github emacs packages?
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:31:33 -0800 (PST)

> I agree, but it would have to be clearly separated, so users are not
> thinking those are ELPA-style packages.

I'd prefer there not be such a big distinction between the different types of
packages. Various solutions

    - a toggle - big distinction/subtle distinction
    - differnet faces
    - or an extra tag with git/elpa/melpa/wiki
    - the non-Elpa packages are not on by default and have to be
      enabled by adding some setting i.e.
           `list-package-sources-in-preference-order'

> This makes sense, but can get unpleasantly complicated. I'm not sure
> most users want it.

Currently el-get has find-recipe. Which opens the file containing the recipe
which is a list of key value pairs. So maybe a key binding can be added that
just does a find-file. If the user tries to save the file, it will be copied
and saved in the users-personal-el-get-recipes-dir.