Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Joseph C. Fineman
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:05:01 -0500

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> TL;DR: How can I transpose words jumping over middle words?

I think that, rather than expending cleverness on that particular
problem, and then trying to remember the result, I would write a command
that solved a more general problem & would be easy to remember.  Namely,
after I set the mark successively at the beginning and end of a passage,
and then at the beginning of another passage, and then going to the end
of the latter passage, it would, on being called, exchange the former
with the latter passage (using the mark ring).  Then, in particular, I
could march thru "Jack and Jill" with 3 control-spaces, put point at the
end of "Jill", and hit the command to achieve "Jill and Jack".  I am too
senile to write that on the spot (or, perhaps, at all), but it ought to
be easy.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Be sincere: fool yourself first.  :||