Re: Pinning items on the mode line

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Pinning items on the mode line
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 03:05:19 +0100

Narendra Joshi wrote:

> I would like to have `eyebrowse` workspaces
> and date time always visible on the mode
> line. Currently, when the other parts of the
> mode line occupy more space, they are push
> out of the visible region, e.g. while using
> Gnus. Is there a simple way to achieve what
> I want?

You can have whatever mode line you want.

Here is a config with a blank mode line for
every mode, except for the Buffer-menu-mode,
where the time is shown.

Go nuts :)

(setq-default mode-line-format
 `(" "
   (:eval (when (eq major-mode 'Buffer-menu-mode) (format-time-string "
%H:%M")))
   ))

--
underground experts united