Re: default value with interactive

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: default value with interactive
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 04:10:54 +0100

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> You are trying to solve a problem that
> doesn't exist. The convention does only speak
> about "region or position arguments" - right?

Here is what it says

   When you mention a default value in
   a minibuffer prompt, put it and the word
   ‘default’ inside parentheses. It should look
   like this:

       Enter the answer (default 42):

Reading it very carefully, it doesn't say the
default value *has* to be mentioned at all - it
says "when" it is mentioned, it should be put
that way. So I think I won't mention it at all.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573