Re: gnus unable to login to gmail intermittently

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: gnus unable to login to gmail intermittently
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 22:37:56 +0100

Vivishek Sudhir wrote:

>> I reported this as a bug, my theory was it
>> had something to do with TLS/SSL, and I was
>> advised to upgrade Emacs since there had
>> been lots of bug fixes to gnutls.
>
> What version of emacs do you use? I'm on
> 25.3.

I'm on

    GNU Emacs 24.4.1
    (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, GTK+ Version
    3.14.5) of 2015-03-10 on bm-wb-01, modified
    by Debian

with Gnus v5.13 and gnutls-cli 3.8.8 .

For this kind of issue tho I would recommend
installing the very latest Emacs.
After checking out this issue, discard it if it
is the same and you don't want to keep up the
bleeding edge.

I collected everything in the thread "new (?)
version of the old nnml problem" in
gmane.emacs.gnus.general . Perhaps it can be
useful for you altho at this point it isn't
even sure we have the same problem except
for superficially.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573