Define list of packages in ~/.emacs.d/init.el

From: Stephan Brauer
Subject: Define list of packages in ~/.emacs.d/init.el
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:48:17 +0100

Hi,

disclaimer: I'm (obviously) new to emacs.

I've been searching for a way to define a list of packages that I wan't
to have installed and then have them installed or updated whenever emacs
is started. I think this way I can easily put my init.el into version
control and on every system I use for emacs just deploy that file and
emacs does the rest.

Does someone here know about a way to do that?

I'm using `GNU Emacs 24.5.1`.

Thanks!

Stephan