RE: sorting by filename with find-dired

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: RE: sorting by filename with find-dired
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:57:47 -0600

On Wed Nov 29 2017 Drew Adams wrote:
> If you use library `find-dired+.el' then, on MS Windows,
> `find-ls-option' uses the value of `dired-listing-switches'.
>
> IOW, on Windows, `find-ls-option' is (cons "-ls" dired-listing-switches).

I am sorry, this doesn't help me with GNU find under a GNU/linux
system.  The way I understand it the problem is that the sort order
of the output of find reflects the order of the files "on disk".
Then find-dired takes this output without sorting and the cdr of
find-ls-option is not really relevant for this.  (So I believe the
same problem exists if one wanted to have any other well-defined
sort order in the dired buffer generated by find-dired.)

A custom hook in find-dired might help.