Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 20:53:19 -0800 (PST)

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 7:36:34 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Let's approach this "Emacs text buffer + shell
> tools vs. Org mode" in another way.
>
> Currently, my computer project is to produce
> drawings over the area where I'm active.
> So far, I have one ASCII drawing and one
> drawing with pic(1). The pic drawing is far
> from done so the proportions of the houses etc
> are all wrong, and there are many things left
> to put in the drawing anyway.
>
> But as for this little experiment, this is
> actually good! Because
>
>     1) this project is very low-tech,
>        a simpleton could do it, so any piece of
>        development technology should be able to
>        approach it; and
>
>     2) it isn't done, by far, so everything
>        that is proposed can actually be tested
>        in the wild right this instant.
>
> So my question is: how can I use Org mode to do
> it? (My method I'm already aware of,
> thank you.)
>
> Here is the material - house wall ASCII drawing:
>
>     http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/moasen/big-house-back.txt
>
> pic drawing, with pic data, Makefile, and PS
> and PDF result files:
>
>     http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/moasen/drawing/

Dont see any (pic mode ASCII) art there
Anyways in outline (org!)…

* Lookup ditaa: http://ditaa.sourceforge.net/
* Install (apt/sourceforge/org/whatever)
* (re)do your pic for ditaa
* Get it working to your satisfaction (no emacs or org so far; just shell)
* Get it running in org
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-ditaa.html