Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 20:04:03 +0100

Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Yes, emacs can display PDF files directly.
> However, I am not sure if it can display
> a PDF file inline within a text buffer...

I said in this thread, repeated something
I heard earlier (but I believed it at both
occasions), that one can use Org mode for the
"medium level" documents between text files and
the really ambitious documents like books and
university papers.

But those can be made with Org mode as well!

Well, so can the "text file" stuff (TODO lists,
technical data just bunched together for later
reference, etc.) - but using Org mode for that
isn't really called for. But on the other end,
the books and university papers, it is rather
LaTeX that isn't really called for anymore!
Save for in special cases.

I suppose the only reason that remains to do it
is where you have the
artistic/pefectionist/aristocratic/"desert
penguin" time and space to fiddle with every
little detail forever...

And of course if you enjoy to do it.
Which I never thought was something that rare.
But perhaps that's what it is?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573