Re: Gnus: Thread notes?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Gnus: Thread notes?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:58:21 -0800

>> Erm, I don't quite know what you mean. Post a bit of code?
>
> I thought you were speaking about `reduce' as the Lisp function, like in
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (cl-reduce (lambda (ret f) (funcall f gnus-newsgroup-name ret))
>            gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function
>            :initial-value articles)
> #+end_src

That's exactly what I meant! My brain was not cooperating. I was trying
to do it with `seq-reduce', which works exactly the same.

The only remaining issue is, I think it would be confusing to allow
`gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function' to be either a single function
value, or a list of functions. That makes it harder for consumers to
manipulate, as they have to check its current value first. What do you
think about requiring a list?