Re: How to disable ido and icomplete in some path/directory?

From: Shuguang Sun
Subject: Re: How to disable ido and icomplete in some path/directory?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 10:09:10 +0800

Hi Stefen,

I works on Windonw 7 and has a network driver i: (that is, I mapped a net
work location [server \\host\path\] to local). The network is very slow.
When I want to dired-do-find/copy, it takes a long time for ido/icomplete
to read the list of filenames from the server. Thereby, I want to disable
ido and icomplete in such drivers/paths.
For dired-do-find-file, I can enter edit mode by C-e, however, it does't
solve all problems, and still has very slow response at the begining and
end.

In those local driver, it is fast for ido/icomplete to read the list of
finames for completion and it is helpful.

Best Regards,
Shuguang