Re: Emacs 25.3.1 Suddenly Starts Fullscreen?

From: Arkadiusz Drabczyk
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.3.1 Suddenly Starts Fullscreen?
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 12:37:35 +0000 (UTC)

On 2017-12-22, Brendan Leber <brendan@brendanleber.com> wrote:
> Sometime in the past day or two my emacs installation has begun to start
> and take up the entire screen.  I've checked and I don't have an
> .emacs.desktop or .Xdefaults file which according to my searching might
> be the cause.  Nor is there a process runngng as a daemon.  I've
> restarted my shell and rebooted my system to no avail.
>
> It also happens if I start with `emacs -Q`.
>
> I'm running a version I've compiled from the release tar.gz file.  It
> reports the version as "GNU Emacs 25.3.1".  My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.3
> LTS.
>
> Can any of you fine folks help point me to what might be causing this?

It might be the fault of your WM, for example I have this in
~/.fluxbox/apps:

[app] (name=emacs) (class=Emacs)
  [Deco]        {NONE}
  [Maximized]   {yes}
[end]

Can you also start Emacs with -q?  Do you start emacs as root?  Did
you perform a system upgrade recently?  I cannot reproduce this
locally with GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.18.9) after removing the aforementioned lines from ~/.fluxbox/apps.
--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadiusz@drabczyk.org>