Re: Gnus and emails sent by me

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Gnus and emails sent by me
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 22:00:56 -0800

Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> writes:

> Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:
>
>> Narendra Joshi wrote:
>>
>>> I think I am using `nnimap`. I will check
>>> this out and most likely switch to nnml.
>>
>> Good. At least in this case, checking is better
>> than thinking :)
> I had realized that after I sent the email. :) It's `imap` :)
>
> Does `nnml` require me to fetch mail to a local directory using an
> auxiliary tool?

If your mail server is imap, you'll probably just want to stick with
nnimap. You can jump through hoops to extract the mail to local
directories, but then you're losing the whole point of imap (syncing).
What's the advantage? If accessing a remote server is slow, you can get
the best of both worlds by mirroring to an imap server on your own
machine, and accessing that through Gnus. That's what I do, and
searching is fast enough that nnir thread referral doesn't feel slow.

Eric