Emacsclient does not raise frame

From: Rusi
Subject: Emacsclient does not raise frame
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 07:33:38 -0800 (PST)

With a lot of jumping through hoops Ive managed to get firefox to
call emacs(client) and save links+description(title)+selection(in firefox;
optional) into an org mode capture buffer.

However the call to emacsclient does not raise the frame... At least not
consistently

Currently my hack is to write my own shell wrapper to emacsclient doing

wmctrl -c emacs
emacsclient -c $*
wmctrl -a emacs

Is there some other thing I dont know to raise the emacs frame?

Also the -c I am forced to use because without it, if there is not an existing
frame (emacs started in --daemon mode) it does not work

Emacs 25.1.1
Gnome-Unity