Re: Emacsclient does not raise frame

From: Andrew Savonichev
Subject: Re: Emacsclient does not raise frame
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:55:00 +0300

Hi Rusi,

> Because currently if
> - emacs is started as --daemon
> - emacsclient is started without -c
>
> It tries to open non-GUI emacs

So  your problem is that if no emacs frame is running, emacsclient without '-c'
creates a new terminal frame instead of a new GUI frame?

In this case, I don't know any built-in way to do this without going
into elisp hacking
around `frame-list', `frame-parameters' and `make-frame-on-display'.

> Ive managed to get firefox to call emacs(client) and save
> links+description(title)+selection(in firefox; optional) into an org mode
> capture buffer.

Can you share the solution for Firefox?

    - Andrew