Re: running gdb as root under emacs (24)

From: stefan . puiu
Subject: Re: running gdb as root under emacs (24)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 05:47:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Michael,

> Call "M-x gdb" from a buffer, which has a default-directory somewhere at
> "/sudo::". I'm not sure whether it works with Emacs 24, but it is worth
> a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've tried this - opened up a C file from my project in emacs, then 'M-x cd'
and used '/sudo::/'. I see a '@' next to the file name in the grey bar below,
and if I hover over it it says 'Current directory is: remote:/sudo...'.
However, running 'M-x gdb' results in gdb running as my user. Am I missing
something, or was this what you suggested?

I tried this only on Emacs 24, the one that comes with Ubuntu. I can try a
newer version, just to make sure.

Thanks,
Stefan.