Re: Function write-region resets idle time

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Function write-region resets idle time
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 20:05:40 +0200

> From: Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl>
> Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:43:53 +0100
>
> I found a strange problem: write-region resets idle-time. But only
> after the calling function has returned.

??? Any Lisp you run resets idle-time.  Idleness starts when Emacs
gets to its command loop and finds that there's no pending input.  It
ends when there's some input event that causes the command loop to run
the Lisp interpreter.  In your case, the input event is supplied by
the timer you set up.

So why is what you discovered surprising, let alone a problem?  Am I
missing something?