Re: info-find-source

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: info-find-source
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 05:24:35 +0100

Robert Thorpe wrote:

>> Also, how does info look to you guys? To me,
>> it looks like this:
>>
>> http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/info.png
>
> If you use Emacs in a GUI environment then
> there is more markup. Some things are in bold
> and some are in larger fonts. I generally
> think this is useful, but opinions differ.

I also think markup is useful. I prefer when it
is color-only but that is besides more than
just the point.

If you take a look at that screenshot [1]
again, or even use file(1) on it, you find out
that the resolution is only 576 x 416. This is
the resolution of my setup, which employs
a projector, and not the most
expensive/advanced projector at that.

Practically speaking, I can operate only *two*
windows! [2] This is perhaps yet another reason
I can't use info like some of you guys,
virtually having a dedicated window for it open
all day long and still have sufficient space to
do everything else. Here, everything needs to
be kept just as simple as possible.

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/info.png
[2] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/two.png

--