Re: info-find-source

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: info-find-source
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 20:59:32 +0100

On 2018-01-16, at 14:45, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> wars. Anyway since then, and partly because of
>> that, almost the entire society has abandoned
>> cash, and that kind of crime doesn't happen
>> anymore. So that is one benefit, at least.
>
> Does that mean that there are no more anonymous monetary transactions?
> That sounds scary!

Exactly my thought.  I'm not a tinfoil-hat level paranoid, but I almost
never use my debit card (I don't have a credit one) for anything but
taking cash out of ATMs.  In principle, I could share the knowledge of
my transactions with a bank, but I'd expect a solid financial reward for
that.

And to think that we went so far down the madness route that we consider
paper money to be genuine and old-school, whereas it's in fact only
virtual and more or less forged version of the _real_ thing...

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski