Re: try-this-for ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: try-this-for ?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:14:18 +0200

> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:43:37 +0100
> From: <tomas@tuxteam.de>
>
> As far as I know, the only (implicit) yield point
> in Emacs is the event loop, but many things fit
> in there: waiting for key events, waiting for file
> descriptors to become readable/writable (e.g.
> communicating with (operating system) subprocesses,
> reacting to POSIX signals, the idle timer, etc.

The yield point is actually the pselect call (and its emulations on
non-Posix platforms).  On the Lisp level, this means waiting for any
kind of input: from user (keyboard/mouse), subprocesses (including
explicit calls to accept-process-output), network and serial
connections, etc.

> But the great Eli has answered that already

I'll leave the "great" part on your conscience, but regardless, AFAIR
Emanuel has me on his kill-file, so mentioning my posts won't help
him.