Re: LaTeX mode (tex-mode.el) font-lock bug (?)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: LaTeX mode (tex-mode.el) font-lock bug (?)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:20:34 -0500

> 2. Why aren't you using AUCTeX?

Don't know about Emmanuel, but I use tex-mode.el because I much prefer
its C-c C-c and its indentation (no wonder: I wrote them).

> 4. More precisely, stock Emacs' tex-mode seems to insist that the
> argument to \textbf{...} does not contain newlines.

Indeed, handling multiline font-lock elements is always a pain in the
rear, so I haven't tried to do it yet, especially since with LaTeX
there's always a risk of mis-parsing (it's nigh on impossible to parse
it reliably without (re)implementing TeX).

        Stefan