Re: line-wrap works in emacs-25.3.3 but not in emacs-26.0.91!

From: Nathanael Schweers
Subject: Re: line-wrap works in emacs-25.3.3 but not in emacs-26.0.91!
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 10:18:10 +0100

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> From: Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com>
>>> Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 10:57:56 +0000
>>>
>>> I've just downloaded and installed the latest pre-test of emacs
>>> (26.0.91) and run it. After sorting out several config quirks I was able
>>> to load it and use it - except, in org-mode it had lost the ability to
>>> line-wrap at 100 characters, as I usually have it! But with the exact
>>> same config using emacs-25.3.3 line-wrap returned!
>>>
>>> So how can I use the emacs-26 version and also line-wrap please?
>>
>> Details are sorely missed: exactly what didn't work with line-wrap?
>> Can you show a particular example, preferably starting from "emacs -Q"?
>> Also, could it be that your Org version changed as result of the
>> upgrade?
>
> - Line-wrapping in an org-mode file, my daily diary specifically.
>
> - Hmm, I'll have to have a play to get this.
>
> - My point is that I am using the exact same init file with both
>   versions and yet I have a very different response from each program,
>   whereas I was expecting to get line-wrapping with both programs,
>   exactly the same as I am getting with emacs25.
>
> - No, the org version hasn't changed, it remains Org mode version 9.1.6
>   (9.1.6-33-g5b4a71-elpaplus @
>   /home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180129/) with both
>   programs.
Just a wild guess, but have you tried removing the byte compiled files
from the org-plus-contrib files you listed?  I’ve had problems with byte
compilation of org-plus-contrib.  I.e. does

mkdir /home/boudiccas/org-mode-plus-contrib-backup; \
mv /home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180129/*.elc \
/home/boudiccas/org-mode-plus-contrib-backup

fix your problem?