Re: wgrep.el does not work on Emacs 26

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: wgrep.el does not work on Emacs 26
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:08:06 +0100

John Shahid <jvshahid@gmail.com> writes:

> It turns out I use ag instead of grep which works as expected. For
> clarity, I'm replacing the grep command with "ag --nogroup something"
> and the resulting buffer works fine with wgrep. If I use the default
> grep command "grep -nH --null something" then I'm able to reproduce the
> issue you're reporting.

Ah, good hint, it suggested me a different POV: it's the "--null" flag to grep
that make the difference, if I remove that from the command line execute by
M-x grep then wgrep works!

I will dig this further, trying to figure out how that --null is handled.

thank you&ciao,
lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.