Re: dir-locals.el process-environment

From: edgar
Subject: Re: dir-locals.el process-environment
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 05:40:03 +0000

Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:13:07 -0500
From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Maybe `compile` should take its process-environment from the buffer from which it is invoked, rather than from the buffer in which the command is run.

        Stefan

It's not a bad idea Stefan, but I am not a fan of buffer-local variables (if that is what you mean). I find it intrusive for other users. Thanks for the suggestion.

I still have to check if the debugging will use those environmental variables :P .

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!