Calling macro by name while defining another macro

From: John Shahid
Subject: Calling macro by name while defining another macro
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 18:35:02 -0400

Hi all,

I cannot seem to figure out how to call a macro by name from another
macro. Simply doing the following causes the macro to be called twice as
part of the second macro.

1. define macro using `C-x ('
2. finish the macro `C-x )'
3. name the macro `some-macro' using `name-last-kbd-macro'
4. define another macro using `C-x ('
5. call `some-macro' using `M-x some-macro' (some-macro called once)
6. finish macro editing using `C-x )'
7. call the macro again using `C-x e' (effects of `some-macro' are
applied twice)

>From looking the new macro definition. It looks like the call to
`some-macro' as well as its keys are being recorded as part of the newly
defined macro. I cannot figure out how to temporarily stop that
recording from happening. Should I use something instead of `M-x' to
call `some-macro' ?

Thanks,

-js