Re: How to draw cons cell diagrams?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to draw cons cell diagrams?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 18:28:31 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

>> In all my Elisp I have only 8 "cons".
>
> You might have only 8 calls to `cons'.
> But your code likely uses thousands of conses
> (aka cons cells).

Well, you might have written only 8 programs in
C, but your OS is in C, and almost all the
tools are as well.

Or, you might have done binary/bitwise
arithmetics only 2^3 times, but even typing
this message, this has happened qudrazillions
of times!

(Actually, I have no idea how many times it has
happened. But because I asked, it is probably
either really low or really high.)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573