Re: execute shell scripts by call-process in msys2 environment

From: holgar . sperr
Subject: Re: execute shell scripts by call-process in msys2 environment
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 09:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2018 17:53:08 UTC+2 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
>>> Do you really need to use the latest version of RCS offered by MSYS2?
>>
>> No, but I thought on a solution within Emacs since 'shell-command'
>> finds and executes the shell script. Probably, this wouldn't be that easy.
>
> If shell-command finds and executes shell scripts, then what exactly
> is the problem you have?  Your original report said that cmd.exe runs
> the shell script, and that registering using 'ci' fails.  But if your
> Emacs can find and execute the shell scripts, then all of that should
> have worked, no?  What am I missing?

C-x v v initializes a process: (call-process ...) which leads to an error.

      apply: Searching for program: No such file or directory, ci

Doing M-! (shell-command) finds the script 'ci' of the msys2 installation
and returns the same output as called from mingw64 shell.

('exec-path' contains the relevant directory.)

Sorry for not providing the full information from the beginning. Hope this
makes it clearer and explains, why I assumed an emacs-solution.

Thanks again.
Holger