Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:46:03 -1000

> Why would I/we do that to a lousy piece of
> software to begin with?

Because Gnus is a great piece of software, which at least IMHO
requires effort but in the end greatly rewards that effort.

Yes, you can copy/edit a basic config and get Gnus running pretty
quickly if you're at least somewhat conversant with elisp. But to
really benefit from all Gnus has to offer, it will take time and
effort, and maybe some pain. If you just want the basics of the
basics, rmail is very easy to get started with. But Gnus offers so
much.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i