Re: How to do a massive unfill paragraph operation over several hundred

From: Van L
Subject: Re: How to do a massive unfill paragraph operation over several hundred files?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 15:10:17 +1000

>> It's been decades since I messed with it, but
>> as I vaguely recall there's a batch mode for
>> emacs.  Basically, you call emacs from the
>> command line with the "--batch" and other
>> options ("--script [file_containing_elisp]").
>
> See? I was right even decades ago!
>
> :)

You had this formulation:

  ┌────
  │ 1  #! /bin/zsh
  │ 2
  │ 3  # Script to insert a string into files
  │ 4  # 1, 2, and 3:
  │ 5
  │ 6  local script=do-this.el
  │ 7
  │ 8  emacs -Q --batch --script $script 1 2 3
  └────

  ┌────
  │ 1  ;; do-this.el
  │ 2
  │ 3  ;; Elisp to do it:
  │ 4
  │ 5  (dolist (f argv)
  │ 6    (find-file f)
  │ 7    (insert "Sail away, sail away, sail away…") ; do your thing here
  │ 8    (save-buffer) )
  └────