installing Emacs-w3m from MELPA

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: installing Emacs-w3m from MELPA
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 01:34:57 +0200

My previous message doesn't seem to have gotten
here yet (or to gmane.emacs.help for that
matter), but purging the package was a bad idea
since it broke the init!

So I installed w3m-el-snapshot again, then
installed Emacs-w3m from MELPA, purged the
Debian pack (again again), and byte-compiled.

But this didn't work as Emacs-w3m couldn't be
found! After adding the MELPA installation path
to the Makefile [1] it was all found and
compiled w/o interventions.

However when I started Emacs, later with
--debug-init, I got:

    (void variable w3m-url-invalid-regexp)

Now what direction is up this time around?

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/Makefile

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573